Plastic Free July 2019 – Challenge!
Hello Plastic Free July! First off, how are we even in the last half of 2019? I can’t believe how quickly this year is going. Last month it was World Environment Day and this month it’s the Plastic Free July Challenge! Not too sure what I’m talking about? Read more below to find out.
Plastic Free July is a global movement that helps people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. It’s inspired over 120 million participants in 177 countries. I’m totally keen for it to go completely viral *yay*.
5 Easy Ways To Take Part
- Stay no to plastic straws. Try to refuse straws when ordering a drink and rather use an alternative like steel; bamboo or glass straws.
- Bring Your Own Bag. Keep a few reusable bags in the boot of your car to make it handy for when you are at the shops. Instead of having a bag full of plastic bags, I now have a reusable bag filled with reusable bags haha.
- Skip the takeaway coffee cup. Often I desperately want a coffee from a coffee shop but I would have forgotten my cup so then I rather just give it a skip. But those with big handbags should definitely pop a reusable one for when the caffeine cravings hit while out and about.
- Use a glass or steel water bottle. Pop a reusable water bottle in your gym bag to fill up at the gym instead of buying a plastic one or keep one handy for when you are out and about.
- Bamboo Toothbrushes. In the market for a new toothbrush? Make the switch to using a bamboo one. Your planet will thank you!