Celebrating National Water in South Africa
From the 17th to the 23rd of March, 2014, it’s National Water Week in South Africa. I’ve posted these tips before but thought it would be good to reiterate them during this week where hopefully you will be more conscious of your water usage. Water is such a precious resource and we need to do our best to save water at all times.
Easy tips on saving water:
- When washing your dishes, save water by using one sink for washing and the other sink for rinsing.
- Make sure your sprinklers water only your garden, not your walls, the road etc.
- Make sure the washing machine is full, this way you get the most use out of it.
- Love drinking your 2 liters of water everyday? Rather use a jug to fill up your glass, not the tap. This way, every drop counts. Also, by just using the same glass through out the day, you save water by not washing a clean one every single time.
- A bath uses about 120 liters of water, while a shower uses 80 liters of water. Shorten your shower by 2 minutes and you will save about 500 liters per month.
- Collect water from your roof for your garden.
- Don’t let the water run while you brush your teeth (one of my pet peeves gosh!).
A few easy tips that can help save a lot of water!
What are your top water saving tips?